Thursday, June 15, 2006

Thought Provoking

Over the past few weeks, my time to read other blogs has dried up to near nothing. For that I apologize. I am poorer for not being able to read all from those on my blogroll and those who I'll be adding to my blogroll in the next couple of weeks.

But in my short periods of "blog-readin' time" I stumbled across two posts which merit your attention. They aren't really long posts and they don't use too many big words, so don't start with your excuses!

The first is a modern-day parable of sorts from Catez at Allthings2all. It's the story of a pre-Christian woman and her experiences with a Christian and a non-Christian. It's called, The Merciful Stripper. Read it yourself. I don't want to spoil it for you.

The other post is from Steve at the recently-renamed Random Pokes (formerly "whatever").
Steve tosses around the idea that we guard our privacy and value our own property so much that we end up spending more money on "meeting places" and less time on true hospitality. It's all in the post, Can't See the Neighbors for the Trees. And when you turn the idea over and over in your head a few times like I have, you start to see the connection between the Christian's actions in Catez's parable and the behavior that Steve points out.

See if you don't agree.

No comments: