Friday, March 14, 2008

Prayers please


A teenage mother from my church is in need of prayer today. She and her boyfriend were staying with her brother and sister-in-law. The brother has a 2-year-old son. The teenage mother has a 1-year-old and a 3-month-old.
This morning, the brother stuck his head in the baby's room to check on him. The little one was on his stomach, against the side of the crib as usual. But he wasn't breathing. The brother turned him over to see that he was blue. 911 was called, but the baby was gone.
I could go through the litany of things that have happened to this family over the past year, but that's not really the issue. Pray that God will hold them through this horrible time. And pray for me, that God will give me strength and big load of wisdom for this.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Praying now...
Lord, have mercy.

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

Rev-ed:

I just found your blog and then I had to go and read this. Please know that you're being prayed for as well as this family.

I appreciate everything you do over at TF.

Roger
aka "Media Boy"
aka "Big Doofus"

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers sent, Brother, for the family, and for you...

dle said...

It's bad enough as is, but there will certainly be a police investigation which will make it all the more painful.

Prayed.

rev-ed said...

Thank you all. del, I don't think there will be a police investigation, although I could be wrong. Just a horrible situation.