Friday, December 02, 2005

Series Thinking

I'm no good at writing series of posts. After all, I'm a preacher. I don't know when to shut up! Although I've done a few series of posts here at Attention Span (like the Flip Wilson Theology series and the Thrown Together trilogy) mostly they haven't been thought of a planned-out, organized series, but as an, "Oh yeah, speaking of that..." series.

But there are bloggers who can do it well. A few of my favorites are doing it now.

Dan at Cerulean Sanctum is in the midst of a series on a subject I should have thought of. He explores the Hidden Messages of American Christianity -- the things we communicate as Christians which we shouldn't. Start with the intro, then read part one, two, and three. More have been promised for next week.

Meanwhile, in the spirit of the season, Jennifer, of Idle Rambling Thoughts of an Abstract Thinker is doing a series called Investigating the Nativity. She's written five parts already, so scroll down from here and find them. (You'll have to ignore the picture of the $10 million bra to get there.) Sorry, but I can't figure out a permanent link for you.

Finally, the master of the series genre, Ron of northern 'burbs blog, is back on his series on The Theology of God. Find parts one, two, three, four, and five ready for your perusal.

And one which isn't a series, but may become a Holiday Tradition: Tracey of Worship Naked is back from pneumonia and has reposted her post-Thanksgiving hospitalization extravaganza from last year. While I won't spoil the story, I will say that you'll never see the lower back/upper thigh area the same way again!

That's it. No series coming here, but I just may have a follow-up on the Bible post. Does that count?

No comments: