Thursday, April 20, 2006

Simple Pleasures

I was tagged with this meme by Kim and since it consists of only one question, I felt capable of completing the task.

Name 10 of life's simple pleasures:
1. Driving on a warm Spring day with the windows down and the music turned WAY up. Sometimes it's the Beach Boys. Today it was Albert Collins on Sirius Blues.
2. Jim Nabors singing Back Home Again in Indiana just before the call of "Lady and Gentlemen Start Your Engines" at the Indianapolis 500.
3. A hot shower after a long day.
4. A clear night sky with a full moon and about a ka-jillion stars.
5. A soft, tender kiss from the woman I love. (OK, so I'm dropping hints in case my wife actually still reads this blog... )
6. Having someone come up to me and ask me about Jesus. I'm constantly amazed by people's spiritual hunger and their reluctance to taste.
7. One of my kids needing Daddy.
8. The sound of a referee's whistle on a crisp fall day.
9. The first good snowfall of the season.
10. Ice cream.

As most of you should know by now, I don't do tags. However in this case, I'll tag everyone who has the letter "R" in his or her first name. Check your birth certificate...

7 comments:

Douglas said...

Alas, that leaves me out. Would you write something about your experience of Sirius Radio? What rocks, what stinks, etc.

I realize that times have changed, so I'll just have to accept "Gentlemen, start your engines!" as a thing of the past. I marched in the Indy 500 parade one time in High School.

rev-ed said...

A good idea, Douglas. I touched on the whole Sirius thing in a post I can't seem to find, called, "The Saga of the Button Pusher" or something like that

Jennifer said...

Rev, your list is soooooo sweet. Well, I have an R in my name, so I'll take you up on it. It will be good exercise for the soul.

R. Stewart said...

What a great idea! Next time I get hit with a meme, I'll tag anyone who has an "Ed" in his/her name!

:)

Ontario Emperor said...

Got here from Jennifer. Good list.

rev-ed said...

What a great idea! Next time I get hit with a meme, I'll tag anyone who has an "Ed" in his/her name!

So you'll only tag people who are living in past tense?

R. Stewart said...

"So you'll only tag people who are living in past tense?"

Ha, very nice:)