Friday, June 10, 2005

Musical Meme

OK, Ron from the Northern Burbs tagged me for this so if you don't like my answers you know who to blame!

Total volume of music files on my computer: 1.50 GB. The thing is I rarely play them from the computer. I've been spoiled by Sirius Satellite Radio and if I want music while I type, I'll usually open the media player at the Sirius site.

The Last CD I bought was: Jars of Clay - Redemption Songs. Some excellent stuff here.

Song playing right now: To be honest, I'm not listening to music right now. The computer is in the same room as the television and my wife is watching something sans musical accompaniment. The last song I remember playing on the radio as we were driving home from my son's baseball game tonight was How Great Is Your Love by MercyMe.

Five songs that move me, or Five songs I listen to a lot or that mean a lot to me (in no particular order): JUST FIVE?? How in the world do I do this? After all, I can be "moved" by the Chicago Bears Fight Song ("Bear down, Chicago Bears. . .") Let me see here. . .
How Great Thou Art - I simply can't sing it without a tear or twelve running down my cheeks.
Love Song (Third Day) - A song sung from Jesus' point of view detailing how much He gave for us.
Great Is Thy Faithfulness - My favorite hymn. Period.
The Dance (Garth Brooks) - This song has special significance from our first son who died over 14 years ago. "I would never miss the dance."
Wait For Your Rain (Todd Agnew) - A song of confession and repentance which truly finds me where I am. "I cannot believe I'm this dirty. I'm ashamed to even ask to be clean."
MacArthur Park (Richard Harris) - I have a soft spot for tragedies involving cakes. Bwah ha ha! Sorry I couldn't keep a straight face for that one. I'll stick with the five above.

Who are you Passing this on to? Nobody. I'm the guy who breaks chain letters, so there! OK, if you want it passed to you, consider yourself tagged.

No comments: