Monday, January 23, 2006

More "Spearing"

I have read countless essays throughout the blogosphere about the controversy regarding the soon-to-be-released motion picture, End of the Spear, which is the story of five missionaries who gave their lives fifty years ago, and of their brave families who forgave the killers and led the people to Jesus Christ. I figure you can find the essays critical of the whole project on your own. I've already expressed my own thoughts. But here are two, which I consider important.

First is a piece written by Albert Mohler for crosswalk. It is a very even-handed piece which deserves a read to get all sides of the controversy.

Second is a review of the film by Ben Witherington, who takes the movie as I plan to -- ignoring the off-screen problems of the actors, and concentrating on the incredible story which is told.

No comments: